A 19-year-old girl was allegedly set afire by some persons after pouring kerosene on her following a land dispute with her father in Kaptanganj, police said on Sunday.
“There was some land dispute between two groups during which one group tried usurping it by felling trees yesterday,” they said.
Sudama Shukla, claimant from the second group, was attacked by the rival group members when he reached the spot.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The attackers set his daughter on fire when she tried to rescue him, police said.
The girl was rescued by her mother, who admitted her to the district hospital.
Doctors said the victim sustained 45 per cent burn injuries, but was out of danger.
On the complaint of the victim’s father an FIR was registered against eight persons under section 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt) of the IPC.
Police said that three accused Umesh Chandra Shukla, Suresh and Virendra have been arrested.
The dispute was related to possession of land, Deputy Superintendent of Police Kalwari Singh said, adding that remaining accused would be arrested within 24 hours.