A 19-year-old girl was allegedly set afire by some persons after pouring kerosene on her following a land dispute with her father in Kaptanganj, police said on Sunday.
“There was some land dispute between two groups during which one group tried usurping it by felling trees yesterday,” they said.
Sudama Shukla, claimant from the second group, was attacked by the rival group members when he reached the spot.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The attackers set his daughter on fire when she tried to rescue him, police said.
The girl was rescued by her mother, who admitted her to the district hospital.
Doctors said the victim sustained 45 per cent burn injuries, but was out of danger.
On the complaint of the victim’s father an FIR was registered against eight persons under section 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt) of the IPC.
Police said that three accused Umesh Chandra Shukla, Suresh and Virendra have been arrested.
The dispute was related to possession of land, Deputy Superintendent of Police Kalwari Singh said, adding that remaining accused would be arrested within 24 hours.