A 19-year-old girl was allegedly set afire by some persons after pouring kerosene on her following a land dispute with her father in Kaptanganj, police said on Sunday.
“There was some land dispute between two groups during which one group tried usurping it by felling trees yesterday,” they said.
Sudama Shukla, claimant from the second group, was attacked by the rival group members when he reached the spot.
The attackers set his daughter on fire when she tried to rescue him, police said.
The girl was rescued by her mother, who admitted her to the district hospital.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Doctors said the victim sustained 45 per cent burn injuries, but was out of danger.
On the complaint of the victim’s father an FIR was registered against eight persons under section 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt) of the IPC.
Police said that three accused Umesh Chandra Shukla, Suresh and Virendra have been arrested.
The dispute was related to possession of land, Deputy Superintendent of Police Kalwari Singh said, adding that remaining accused would be arrested within 24 hours.