Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu constituted his council of ministers on Sunday, considering their experience and social equations, giving due representation to women as well as backward castes.
In all, 19 ministers, including two ministers from Telugu Desam Party’s (TDP) ally BJP, were sworn in along with
Chandrababu Naidu at a public function at Nagarjuna Nagar on Sunday night.
Governor E S L Narasimhan administered the oath of office and secrecy to the ministers.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Senior legislators K E Krishna Murthy, Yanamala Ramakrishunudu, Ayyannapatrudu, Devineni Umamaheswara Rao, N
China Rajappa, Palle Raghunath Reddy, Pattipati Pulla Rao, and Bojjala Gopalakrishna Reddy, who remained loyal to the TDP through thick and thin, were inducted into the new state’s first cabinet.
Ganta Srinivasa Rao, who served as a minister in the erstwhile cabinet of Kiran Kumar Reddy and returned to the TDP
on the eve of the recent elections, has also been made a minister.
Women legislators Paritala Sunita, Kimidi Mrunalini and Peethala Sujatha found place in the council of ministers.
Educationist P Narayana, who is not a legislator yet, has also been sworn in as minister. He is expected to be nominated
to the AP Legislative Council soon.
BJP MLAs Kamineni Srinivas and P Manikyala Rao were also given cabinet berths, making the TDP ally, a partner in the
Late Union minister K Yerran Naidu’s younger brother and three-time MLA Atchannaidu has been made a minister for the
First-time MLAs Ravela Kishore Babu and Kollu Ravindra also made it to the cabinet as per caste equations, since Ravela belongs to a scheduled caste while Ravindra is from a backward caste.
Of the 19 ministers, two are from scheduled castes and seven are from backward castes. Barring Kadapa, all other districts have been given representation in the cabinet.
Yanamala and Kamineni Srinivas were the only ministers to take their oaths in English, while all others took their oaths