Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu constituted his council of ministers on Sunday, considering their experience and social equations, giving due representation to women as well as backward castes.
In all, 19 ministers, including two ministers from Telugu Desam Party’s (TDP) ally BJP, were sworn in along with
Chandrababu Naidu at a public function at Nagarjuna Nagar on Sunday night.
Governor E S L Narasimhan administered the oath of office and secrecy to the ministers.
Senior legislators K E Krishna Murthy, Yanamala Ramakrishunudu, Ayyannapatrudu, Devineni Umamaheswara Rao, N
China Rajappa, Palle Raghunath Reddy, Pattipati Pulla Rao, and Bojjala Gopalakrishna Reddy, who remained loyal to the TDP through thick and thin, were inducted into the new state’s first cabinet.
Ganta Srinivasa Rao, who served as a minister in the erstwhile cabinet of Kiran Kumar Reddy and returned to the TDP
on the eve of the recent elections, has also been made a minister.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Women legislators Paritala Sunita, Kimidi Mrunalini and Peethala Sujatha found place in the council of ministers.
Educationist P Narayana, who is not a legislator yet, has also been sworn in as minister. He is expected to be nominated
to the AP Legislative Council soon.
BJP MLAs Kamineni Srinivas and P Manikyala Rao were also given cabinet berths, making the TDP ally, a partner in the
Late Union minister K Yerran Naidu’s younger brother and three-time MLA Atchannaidu has been made a minister for the
First-time MLAs Ravela Kishore Babu and Kollu Ravindra also made it to the cabinet as per caste equations, since Ravela belongs to a scheduled caste while Ravindra is from a backward caste.
Of the 19 ministers, two are from scheduled castes and seven are from backward castes. Barring Kadapa, all other districts have been given representation in the cabinet.
Yanamala and Kamineni Srinivas were the only ministers to take their oaths in English, while all others took their oaths