- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
12 per cent voter turnout in initial hours in Uttar Pradesh
Over 12 per cent votes have been polled till 9 am in Uttar Pradesh, where polling is going on on 11 seats in the second phase to decide fate of 150 candidates.
According to EC sources, Nagina witnessed 14.3 per cent polling in the first two hours while Moradabad and Rampur had 12 per cent polling each.
Similarly Sambhal had 12.6 per cent polling, Amroha 11.30 per cent, Badaun 11.20 per cent, Aonla 13.20 per cent, Bareilly 10.6 per cent, Pilibhit 10.8, Shahjahanpur 10.23 per cent and Kheri 10.4 per cent.
In this phase, polling is being held in Moradabad, Rampur, Sambhal, Amroha, Badaun, Bareilly, Pilibhit, Shahjahanpur, Nagina, Aonla and Kheri.
The prominent candidates who are in fray includes Maneka Gandhi, Santosh Gangwar, Saleem Sherwani and Begum Noor Bano.