11 members of a family, including a child, were injured when a group of people opened fire at their house apparently as they had voted for a particular candidate at Ramda village in neighbouring Shamli district, leading to tension in the area.
Additional SP VK Mishra told reporters that the incident occurred on Friday evening under Kairana police station.
Some people opened fire at the house and injured its eleven inmates identified as Mubarik, Furkan, Ishak, Gufran, Irshad, Shakir, Arif, Muntazer, Mehtab Shamshad and 10-year-old Nadeem, he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The injured were rushed to hospital.
Security has been tightened and additional police personnel have been deployed in the village.
Muzaffarnagar and neighbouring districts including Shamli in western Uttar Pradesh had witnessed communal riots in September last year that left over 60 people dead and thousands of people displaced. The 10 western UP districts had gone to polls on April 10.