A ten-year-old boy succumbed to his injuries sustained in an attack on his family when some unidentified persons had opened fire at their house in Shamli district for apparently voting for a particular candidate in the April 10 Assembly polls held here, police said today.
According to the police, the incident occurred on April 11 under Kairana police station when unknown persons opened fire at a house in Ramda village of neighbouring Shamli district and injured 11 family members including ten-year-old Nadeem.
The other members injured in the firing were identifiedas Mubarik, Furkan, Ishak, Gufran, Irshad, Shakir, Arif, Muntazer and Mehtab Shamshad.
They were attacked for apparently voting for a particular candidate in the recently held assembly polls in the district, police said.
The victims were rushed to a nearby health centre where Nadeem succumbed to his injuries, police said, adding the body was sent for postmortem.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Muzaffarnagar and neighbouring districts including Shamli in western Uttar Pradesh had witnessed communal riots in September last year that left over 60 people dead and thousands of people displaced. The 10 western UP districts had gone to polls on April 10.