An estimated 10.7 lakh out of the 7.89 crore voters in Maharashtra are in the age group of 18-19.
The state, which accounts for 48 Lok Sabha seats, had the first phase of voting covering ten constituencies in Vidarbha on April 10. The rest would go to the poll in two more phases.
Over 62 per cent of the 1.66 crore voters in Vidarbha cast their votes last week where political heavyweights such as Union minister and NCP leader Praful Patel, BJP’s Nitin Gadkari and senior Congress leader Mukul Wasnik are in the fray.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The second phase on April 17 would cover 19 constituencies. Union Home Minister and Congress leader Sushil Kumar Shinde (Solapur), BJP leader Gopinath Munde (Beed), former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan (Nanded) and Union Minister Pratik Patil (Sangli) would be facing the ballot test in this phase.
The third and the last phase on April 24 would cover the remaining 19 constituencies in Mumbai, Thane, Raigad, North Maharashtra and Marathwada.
According to the state election authorities, of the total 7,89,66,642 voters, 10,75,376 are in the age-group of 18 to 19 years.
Thirty-five companies of central paramilitary forces have been sanctioned for the security in the state.