An estimated 10.7 lakh out of the 7.89 crore voters in Maharashtra are in the age group of 18-19.
The state, which accounts for 48 Lok Sabha seats, had the first phase of voting covering ten constituencies in Vidarbha on April 10. The rest would go to the poll in two more phases.
Over 62 per cent of the 1.66 crore voters in Vidarbha cast their votes last week where political heavyweights such as Union minister and NCP leader Praful Patel, BJP’s Nitin Gadkari and senior Congress leader Mukul Wasnik are in the fray.
The second phase on April 17 would cover 19 constituencies. Union Home Minister and Congress leader Sushil Kumar Shinde (Solapur), BJP leader Gopinath Munde (Beed), former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan (Nanded) and Union Minister Pratik Patil (Sangli) would be facing the ballot test in this phase.
The third and the last phase on April 24 would cover the remaining 19 constituencies in Mumbai, Thane, Raigad, North Maharashtra and Marathwada.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
According to the state election authorities, of the total 7,89,66,642 voters, 10,75,376 are in the age-group of 18 to 19 years.
Thirty-five companies of central paramilitary forces have been sanctioned for the security in the state.