Pehlu Khan son asks: If men in video didn’t kill my father, who did?

The family appealed for an urgent transfer of the case outside Rajasthan. Irshad said, “We only have faith in the Supreme Court... I will fight this case for as long as I am alive but I can’t do that if I fear for my life in Rajasthan.”

Written by Somya Lakhani | New Delhi | Updated: September 16, 2017 7:08 am
Faridabad lynching, jharkhand lynching, india news Alwar lynching survivor Azmat Khan and victim Pehlu Khan’s son at Jantar Mantar. (Source: Express Photo/Abhinav Saha)

Days after Rajasthan Police gave a clean chit to six accused in the case pertaining to the lynching of dairy farmer Pehlu Khan, his family has reached Delhi, demanding “intervention of the Supreme Court and transfer of the case outside Rajasthan”. His son Irshad has also alleged that he was never called to the police station to identify the accused. On April 1 this year, Khan and his two sons — Irshad and Arif — were attacked by cow vigilantes in Behror in Alwar while they were returning to their home in Nuh, Haryana. While the 55-year-old father of eight died, the sons were seriously injured.

At a press meet at Rajya Sabha MP and Congress leader Digvijaya Singh’s residence on Friday afternoon, Irshad alleged, “I am an eyewitness, but I was never called by Rajasthan Police to identify the accused. Now, of the 13 accused, six have been given a clean chit and five are out on bail. If the men in the video didn’t kill my father, who did?” Khan’s dying declaration mentioned names of Om Yadav, Hukum Chand Yadav, Sudhir Yadav, Jagmal Yadav, Naveen Sharma and Rahul Saini — all have been given a clean chit. Saying he felt “helpless and betrayed”, 24-year-old Irshad also alleged, “We are being threatened by those out on bail”.

Read | Cleared by Rajasthan police, ‘absconding’ accused in Pehlu Khan case back home

The family appealed for an urgent transfer of the case outside Rajasthan. Irshad said, “We only have faith in the Supreme Court… I will fight this case for as long as I am alive but I can’t do that if I fear for my life in Rajasthan.”

Singh criticised the Centre and said, “There is an atmosphere of fear and terror in the country… Congress will fight for all those who are victims of lynching, whether they are Hindus or Muslims.” Present at the press meet were Pehlu’s wife Jebuna, his eight-year-old son Insad, his uncle Hussain Khan, and cousins Hakamaddin and Jamil Ahmed.

“The family is undergoing a lot of financial problems… they have completely stopped dairy farming. On top of it, the accused are not being booked. It’s disheartening for the family and the village,” Ahmed said. In one corner, Insad sat on his mother’s lap, as she recounted her last conversation with her husband. “I told him not to go but he insisted that Ramzan is around and milk will be needed. I told him to get a buffalo instead of a cow, but he insisted on a cow,” she said.

1. I
    iforf
    Sep 16, 2017 at 8:30 pm
    in that videos they are not hindus.you bloody muslim lier theya re ur own muslims who kill that poor khan to put on hindus its shame on these terrorists.
    (0)(1)
    1. U
      Ujar Patel
      Sep 17, 2017 at 12:37 pm
      How much u can lie to ur own soul. One day u need to die and answerable to Creator. Think the same happen to ur family than all ur lies and falsity will vanish. Liars like u are hatred labs and actual terrorist. Are u mentally sick?
      (0)(0)
      Sampath.M.L
      Sep 16, 2017 at 8:04 pm
      Pehlu Khan was from Haryana. He was traveling from Rajasthan to Haryana after buying cows. He was attacked by mob and a few hours latter he died. But before his death, he gave a statement to police the names of 6 people who attacked him. My only question is , how come he knew the names of these six people? Did they give a self introduction before beating him up. The only way he could know their names is that he knew these people earlier and there was enimity between them. In that case, the theory of cow vigilantism goes.
      (0)(0)
      1. L
        lakshmi das
        Sep 16, 2017 at 7:36 pm
        cow is my mother bull my father calf my brother. i born of a cow and bull...........ha ha bow to my cow[mother] where are we going? backwards or forwards? what a shame...preachers of all religionsuse every scientific gadget but preach outdated sstories modernising biblical hindu mythicl islamic prayers[in arabic--which am sure half of those who read nmaz in arabic can't undderstand] just like mantras and slkas[of hindu] and halleluuyaa...imported nonsense does not apply to sensible thinking populace
        (0)(0)
          drharun
          Sep 16, 2017 at 6:31 pm
          Yes a whole lot are celebrating the Lynching of this old Man,like you saw radicals on TV Celebrating the slaughter of men in the name of Islam in Syria and Iraq.No one is going to see this as travesty of Justice and curse on Humanity.Democracy has justified such killings all over the country in the name of the Cow,its ridiculous to see jerks speaking up for the Rohingyas and doing nothing to get justice for the victims of Gau Goon violence.There is something really wrong which needs to be addressed as far as criminal justice is concerned
          (0)(0)
          1. Satinder Bolarya
            Sep 16, 2017 at 6:26 pm
            VERY,VERY SAD ... THE LATE PEHLU KHAN....DENIED EVEN JUSTICE...!!
            (0)(0)