Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Saturday took on coalition partner Congress for “creating hurdles” in the setting up new administrative units inJammu and Kashmir and vowed, as the Chief Minister he will keep fighting till he fulfills his mission.
The Chief Minister’s lashing came after Congress demanded that the proposal to set up new administrative units at ground level be examined, before being set up.
“Some people are creating hurdles for me in this endeavour (to set up administrative units). I know how to use what resources at which time to fulfill my mission,” Omar told a public rally in Vijaypur.
“As long as I am on the chair of the Chief Minister, I promise that I will keep fighting for setting up of the units at niabats, blocks, tehsils and sub-divisions,” he said.
The CM said that a cabinet sub committee headed by Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand is currently visiting various districts to check the recommendations by S S Bloeria and Ganai commissions to set up the units.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Claiming that Congress was trying to weaken NC in Vijaypur, he said the people had given a fitting reply with their presence at the rally.
“Everybody is eyeing Vijaypur. The day he (Surjeet Singh Slathia) won the elections, he has been a target of political parties. (They think) Salathia should be dislodged because he has developed close rapport with the people. But your presence in larger number here is a befitting reply to all who are trying to weaken Slathia,” he said.