The AIIMS post-mortem report of Nido Taniam, the 19-year-old student from Arunachal Pradesh who died here after he was allegedly beaten up by some shopkeepers following an altercation, is inconclusive and the cause of the death has been “kept pending”.
However, the initial autopsy report also mentions abrasions in heads, face, neck, minor internal bleeding in neck and swelling of brain.
“The swelling of drain usually happens as the result of violent shaking of brain and in these case it could be due to punching and hitting by stick on head which leads to Edema (water) in lungs which may have caused the blockage of the respiratory system,” said a doctor.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The final autopsy report is awaited as samples have been sent to Central Forensic Science Laboratory.
Though the Delhi Police has received the report, the cause of Taniam’s death will be clear once viscera report comes out.
Police has asked the Central Forensic Science Laboratory to expedite the process and submit the report in a week’s time.
Son of an Arunachal Pradesh Congress MLA and Parliamentary Secretary in Health and Family Welfare Department, Nido died on January 30.
He was allegedly beaten up by some shopkeepers following an altercation sparked by their taunts on his hairstyle.
Following the commotion, police arrived on the spot and got a settlement done.
Later Nido went to his home in Safdarjung and slept in the night. He didn’t wake up the next day. He was taken to AIIMs, where he was declared dead.