The AIIMS post-mortem report of Nido Taniam, the 19-year-old student from Arunachal Pradesh who died here after he was allegedly beaten up by some shopkeepers following an altercation, is inconclusive and the cause of the death has been “kept pending”.
However, the initial autopsy report also mentions abrasions in heads, face, neck, minor internal bleeding in neck and swelling of brain.
“The swelling of drain usually happens as the result of violent shaking of brain and in these case it could be due to punching and hitting by stick on head which leads to Edema (water) in lungs which may have caused the blockage of the respiratory system,” said a doctor.
The final autopsy report is awaited as samples have been sent to Central Forensic Science Laboratory.
Though the Delhi Police has received the report, the cause of Taniam’s death will be clear once viscera report comes out.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Police has asked the Central Forensic Science Laboratory to expedite the process and submit the report in a week’s time.
Son of an Arunachal Pradesh Congress MLA and Parliamentary Secretary in Health and Family Welfare Department, Nido died on January 30.
He was allegedly beaten up by some shopkeepers following an altercation sparked by their taunts on his hairstyle.
Following the commotion, police arrived on the spot and got a settlement done.
Later Nido went to his home in Safdarjung and slept in the night. He didn’t wake up the next day. He was taken to AIIMs, where he was declared dead.