Following the instruction issued from Union Ministry of Home Affairs, the National Investigation Agency on Wednesday decided to take up the investigations into the terrorist attack on an Army camp in Nagrota last month. Sources said that in this context, the NIA has re-registered the case at its police station in New Delhi. A case was earlier registered at Nagrota police station for the offences under Sections 120-B, 121, 307 of Ranbir Penal Code, and Sections 7, 27 of the Arms Act, 1958.
Watch What Else is Making News
The case at Nagrota police station was registered on the basis of information received on November 29 that some heavily armed terrorists, on directions of their foreign handlers, had entered into the Army camp near Baleeni bridge and started indiscriminate firing upon army personnel with the intention to kill them. “The actions of the terrorists constitute scheduled offences under Sections 16, 18 and 20 of the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act, 1967,” an official statement said.
A team of NIA officers shall be reaching Jammu ‘shortly’ to visit the crime scene and begin the investigations, it said, adding that the NIA will also place the FIR before NIA Special Court at Jammu.
At present, investigations into the terrorist attack on army camp are being conducted by State Police’s CID (CI) wing. It will hand over all material evidence collected so far from the scene of occurrence, sources added.
Seven Army men including two officers were killed in the terrorist attack on 166 Medium Regiment unit at Nagrota on November 29. All the three terrorists who had entered into the army camp in police uniform were killed by troops in fierce gun battle the same day.