Naseemuddin Siddiqui vs Mayawati: Tapes, CDs, Rs 50 crore, blackmail charge

Naseemuddin Siddiqui alleged that Mayawati had demanded Rs 50 crore from him after the party’s rout in the UP assembly elections.

Written by RAMENDRA SINGH | Lucknow | Updated: May 12, 2017 9:03 am
Naseemuddin Siddiqui, Mayawati, BSP, BSP leader expelled, Mayawati Naseemuddin Siddiqui, india news, indian express Mayawati told reporters at her residence that Naseemuddin Siddiqui was a “taping blackmailer”, that there was “nothing new” in the audio clips. (Source: Express Photo/Vishal Srivastav)

Infighting in the BSP took an ugly turn Thursday when veteran leader Naseemuddin Siddiqui, who had been expelled a day earlier with his son Afzal for “anti-party activities”, released seven audio clips and claimed he had 150 CDs on party chief Mayawati. He alleged that she had demanded Rs 50 crore from him after the party’s rout in the UP assembly elections. Less than two hours later, Mayawati told reporters at her residence that Siddiqui was a “taping blackmailer”, that there was “nothing new” in the audio clips he had released since these had been “edited by him because they have my voice but not his”.

She claimed Siddiqui had party “books of membership” but had not done their “settlement”, and in the phone conversations, she was telling him to do that. In the audio clips Siddiqui released, Mayawati repeatedly mentions “kitab” (books) and “hisaab” (settlement).

In one clip, she is heard saying, “Jis ko aapne membership ki kitab dilayi thi, usne hisaab nahi kiya hai, us se baat karo”. In another clip, she tells Siddiqui “party ko aap ne diya nahi, party ne aap ko bahut kuchch diya hai, aap 9 ko aao, phir baat karna, membership ki kitab hai toh sabko member banana hoga”.

Mayawati told reporters: “I told him that you will have to give this money because party workers are telling me that you have it. This is a party of the poor and oppressed and it is their money.” She alleged Siddiqui kept 50 per cent of the membership money from western UP while the remaining 50 per cent reached the party office. She did not disclose the amount involved.

She said she had told Siddiqui that her phone was “tapped”, so he should not speak to her on phone about “useless matters” when he said he would sell his properties to give her the money. Earlier, Siddiqui, while addressing a press conference at his residence where several from the BSP who had quit were also present, alleged that she had been “torturing” him to give her the money.

He told reporters that Mayawati called him to a meeting after the elections and said the party needed money. “She told me that I have to arrange Rs 50 crore. I said how will I bring so much money. She told me to sell my property. I said even if I sell my entire property, it will not be even one-fourth of your requirement. She then asked me to get the money from relatives and those known to me,” he alleged.

“She told me that if I give her the money, she will make me grow in the party. ‘You will grow the way you have in the past,’ she told me,” Siddiqui claimed. He said he failed to raise the money and went to meet Mayawati at her residence where BSP general secretary Satish Chandra Misra and her brother Anand Kumar “misbehaved” with him.

Rejecting the charges, Mayawati said she will take legal opinion whether the party should file an FIR against Siddiqui. He, on his part, claimed he had 150 CDs on Mayawati and will release more material that will “cause an earthquake in the whole world, not just the country” and “I will release them one by one”.

1. G
    Govind
    May 12, 2017 at 10:30 pm
    All scam cases related to this she elephant has been weakened by Congees to get her support. The then CBI parrot who is now under investigation helped the Italian madam in this. Better somebody asks for reopening her cases in Supreme Court and get justice for the public.
      Kamal Pasha
      May 12, 2017 at 2:14 pm
      Hindutva parties know the are for very short period in the government. So everybody has started to make money by illegal means. These all parties are corrupt from head to toe.
        Mahender Goriganti
        May 12, 2017 at 8:11 am
        Hello Islamic Express !! why were you promoting these leaders of caste, communal politics and their con operators for decades as sicular parties and good for Muslim minorities , dalits, communists jokers like Kejri and Pappus and Scamgress etc. ??
          ramu
          May 12, 2017 at 8:00 am
          See the change in colours of the party who raised EVM issue now they are blaming and removing their leaders for fai to grab the votes. This fake issue has also given life and canon fodder for the parties like APP who are on brink of collapse after allegations of big corruption to make noise. However making this bahana they should look back and see that the basic founder of this allegation the great leader is doing
            Dipak
            May 12, 2017 at 7:27 am
            Weather you like it or not, the CBI and Supreme Court will never ever convict any and all Corrupts, it has never happened to convict and if and when SC does, it always and I say always let the Corrupts go on permanent bail. This is the story of Indian SC Corrupt Judges. Write it down.
            1. B
              Balaji Raghavan
              May 12, 2017 at 5:03 am
              What a honest man this guy. He deserved to be in BJP and will be there. Except Dr manmohan Singh all scoundrels shall be in BJP as it has been happening. God save this banana republic India.
                kalyan
                May 12, 2017 at 6:55 am
                50 years of congress rule made Indian poor country. How come you talk scoundrels should be in the BJP?. During Dr. Manmohan period highest curruption happened and those are under investigations.
                  Athony
                  May 12, 2017 at 7:00 am
                  Any scam you heard in last 2 years , the way you were hearing every day under UPA.