While continuing to target the Congress, BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Sunday hit out at the AAP government in Delhi, raising the twin issues of the death of a youth from Arunachal Pradesh and alleged harassment of Ugandan women.
Addressing a rally here, he said, “Some days ago, women from Uganda were mistreated, girls from Manipur were harassed and a boy from Arunachal was killed. The country’s head hangs in shame.”
Though Modi did not name Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, he attacked the Delhi government for the recent incidents. “When we hear students from Northeast do not get houses on rent in big cities, it is the need of the time that there should be hostels for children from the Northeast in big cities. But the government in Delhi is not bothered about these things,” he said.
“I want to tell people of the country: Go to Arunachal and you will be proud. People of Arunachal keep fighting China, people in Arunachal say ‘Jai Hind’ to each other when they meet. A boy from the state is killed and our heads hang in shame. We should see Delhi as a global city. But with the kind of language being spoken, the country’s head hangs in shame,” he said.
A day after Congress president Sonia Gandhi accused the BJP of sowing “seeds of poison” (zeher ki kheti), Modi said it is the Congress which sows seeds of poison and reaps the harvest from it by its divisive politics.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Sonia has told Rahul that power is poison. Who has been in power for most of the time during the last 60 years? In whose stomach has this poison gone? Who is spewing this poison? Who is harvesting the poison? They (Congress) are the ones who sow the seeds of poison,” he said.
He also attacked the ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh. Stating that he had made Gujarat free of riots, he said he would make UP also riot-free if his government is voted to power.