Cow protection is about science, agro-economics, says Devendra Fadnavis

Devendra Fadnavis noted that prohibition of cow slaughter was part of the Constitution under Article 48, adding that looking after cows’ welfare was important for a better future.

By: Express News Service | Mumbai | Updated: July 3, 2017 1:57 pm
Devendra Fadnavis on Cow Protection, agro-economics, cow-related violence , Cow vigilante groups, Indian Express News Addressing a gathering at a function organised by the Jain International Organisation in Mumbai, he said there was an in-built relationship between cow, or cattle, and farmers, which was integral to rural economy.

Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said Sunday cow protection had its significance in agro-economics and it should not be perceived with “the narrow prism of politics or religion”.

Addressing a gathering at a function organised by the Jain International Organisation in Mumbai, he said there was an in-built relationship between cow, or cattle, and farmers, which was integral to rural economy. Referring to cow-related violence in the country, the CM said: “Violence in any form is not justified.” “I firmly believe cow is not about any religion or politics. It should be approached through science and agriculture, which provides the fundamental answers why we have always given such importance to cow/cattle. It has immense potential to provide a sustainable source of income and livelihood to farmers in the villages. When farmers are struck by natural calamity, a milking cow in their backyard remain the sole source of livelihood to override the crisis,” said Fadnavis.

The chief minister noted that prohibition of cow slaughter was part of the Constitution under Article 48, adding that looking after cows’ welfare was important for a better future. “We have to understand how cows have served the welfare of farmers in villages. Wherever the cow population has come down, it has had adverse impact on agriculture and farmers’ livelihood. There are instances of higher number of farmer suicides in such regions,” he said.

pamela
    Jul 7, 2017 at 6:26 am
    Hello Everyone, lapomicrofinancebank38 yahoo is the right place where you can get your financial problems solved. I am Mrs Pamela Brown From New Jersey U.S.A, I want to use this medium to share a testimony on how God directed me to a Legit and real loan money lender who have saved my marriage and the life of my husband. My husband was at the point of death when he was diagnosed of prostrate cancer, the doctors demanded the sum of $42,000 for my husband operation and medical bills. I began to run heater skater jst to sort out for money but never I succeeded in getting any money even family members turn down on me, at this time all hope was gone, after praying so hard. I received a call from a childhood friend whom told she got a loan from Mr Lapo with very low amount of interest. I thought this was a mockery to my situation without any options left I decided to take a try and i applied for the sum of $95,000 shockingly within 24hours I received the loan. I immediately went to the h
      module
      Jul 5, 2017 at 9:29 am
      If some really gone thro LKG or UKG books, they should be knowing the meaning of Cow and Bull. But BJP or RSS people or 95 common people probably may not knowing that. Here CM talking about Cow, not Bull !! I personally asked many friends, what is cow and bull. They could not reply properly. What I know, Lord Shiva was with Bull and Lord Vishnu was with Cow, may be I'm wrong. If so what will be Law or BJP / RSS talking about Cow or Bull???
        Ankit
        Jul 3, 2017 at 10:23 pm
        Arre mote tum bas khana khao. Ye agro economics mein apna bandh dimaag mat daalo. Think about potholes right now. Potholes of Mumbai not your brain.
          Raj
          Jul 3, 2017 at 6:12 pm
          The mainstay of natural farming is to allow soil to live with its living organisms. The greater biodiversity below the soil by keeping greater biodiversity above the soil is key to protecting our farmlands and farmers livelihood. Ripping open the soil by plowing and other means have burned away all that is living in our soil and we do so every year. The soils are so lifeless that the only nutrients that the crops can get is through chemical means. Even cow dung will not help is such lifeless soil as there wont be any organism to use the dung. The farming techniques have to change to protect the soil. The modern plowing with the cow dung will not help as the chemical fertilizers still need to used and the dung is used mostly for reducing leaching of chemical nutrients in this case. Its not the cow or its dung but rich set of organisms in the soil that will help the farmers.
            Shekhar
            Jul 3, 2017 at 1:24 pm
            Any RED MEAT is harmful for human health. Its also accounts for Global warming to a huge extent.
              shaad
              Jul 3, 2017 at 5:02 pm
              And what about the footwear and other leather accessories which all of you wear, is it not the reason for Global warming. Absolutely ridiculous reason. Should think before opening one's mouth.
            2. B
              Bharat
              Jul 3, 2017 at 11:34 am
              Protection of human is not priority. Moreover people are killed on communal basis without any proof but on rumours. If any desire cow farming, allot plots all over and engage gaurakshak to care. THOUSANDS OF COWS ARE DYING WITHOUT FOOD AND CARE.