The oath-taking ceremony of Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi was shown live on Monday by Pakistani television channels highlighting the presence of various high-profile guests, such as SAARC leaders including Premier Nawaz Sharif, Bollywood stars and corporate bigwigs.
Different TV stations also presented special talk shows on the occasion and experts explored the possibility of opening of new chapter in relations between Pakistan and India.
In one such show on Dunya News channel, experts said time has come for betterment of relations between Pakistan and India.
Lt-Gen retired Talat Masood said Modi represents the rising middle class and business leaders who are driving the Indian economy.
“It is important that incidents like Mumbai attacks do not happen, otherwise things will deteriorate. Peace is important for regional stability and also for development of Pakistan,” said Masood.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Security expert Hassan Askari Rizvi said peace was important for the development of both countries.
Peace with Pakistan is also in the interest of India, said Rizvi.
Veteran journalist Nazir Naji said that all issues would be addressed and solved otherwise comprehensive peace will not be possible.
Experts also said that both India and Pakistan should grab the opportunity provided by the visit of Sharif for Modi’s swearing-in.