Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde has threatened to “crush certain elements in the electronic media” for orchestrating “nasty designs” against the Congress party.
Shinde’s comments on Monday came after poll surveys by several news channels, both national and regional, predicted a lacklusture performance of the Congress in the Lok Sabha polls.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Certain section of the electronic media has opened a front against us for the last three to four months. It’s their (media’s) responsibility to report the truth. However, certain elements in the media are orchestrating nasty designs against us. Since I am also in charge of the intelligence wing, I know from where this is coming from. We will crush these elements in the electronic media,” said Shinde, addressing a Youth Congress rally in his home district Solapur in Maharashtra.
“We have been silently working on putting in place checks on them, but they have been running a nasty campaign against us. The media is trying to mislead people. The people will never forgive them,” he said.
Shinde added the Congress rivals were trying to malign Rahul Gandhi. “ The Opposition is trying to malign Rahul’s image as they did with his father Rajiv. The youth should not pay any heed.”