Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde has threatened to “crush certain elements in the electronic media” for orchestrating “nasty designs” against the Congress party.
Shinde’s comments on Monday came after poll surveys by several news channels, both national and regional, predicted a lacklusture performance of the Congress in the Lok Sabha polls.
“Certain section of the electronic media has opened a front against us for the last three to four months. It’s their (media’s) responsibility to report the truth. However, certain elements in the media are orchestrating nasty designs against us. Since I am also in charge of the intelligence wing, I know from where this is coming from. We will crush these elements in the electronic media,” said Shinde, addressing a Youth Congress rally in his home district Solapur in Maharashtra.
“We have been silently working on putting in place checks on them, but they have been running a nasty campaign against us. The media is trying to mislead people. The people will never forgive them,” he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Shinde added the Congress rivals were trying to malign Rahul Gandhi. “ The Opposition is trying to malign Rahul’s image as they did with his father Rajiv. The youth should not pay any heed.”