A day after announcing that he will quit the state Cabinet, Maharashtra’s Industries Minister Narayan Rane Friday lashed out at Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray after his remarks that the Congress leader was not welcome in the Sena-BJP camp for showing disrespect and causing mental agony to Bal Thackeray during his lifetime.
“Uddhav is the one who tortured Bal Thackeray the most. And this is no secret. Ask any worker, security guard or even the walls of Matoshree (Thackerays’ residence) and the answer will be that Uddhav hurt his father the most,” Rane said.
Rane’s outburst against Uddhav comes in the wake of mounting pressure from the Shiv Sena on the ally BJP not to entertain him. Sena’s consolidation in Sindhurdurg and Ratnagiri, which is Rane’s turf, is also cited as a reason for his renewed attack on Uddhav.
“Sena will not take any body who has troubled Bal Thackeray. The BJP should also not touch such leaders,” Uddhav had said earlier.
Rane, who has left on a three-day tour of Ratnagiri-Sindhudurg, said, “Uddhav should keep his mouth shut. Otherwise, I will expose all his misdeeds in Matoshree.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“A real man (mard manoos) has vacancy everywhere. It is up to him to decide his path,” Rane said.
The minister said he was resigning since he had some problems with Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan. He, however, indicated he was not going to form his own party.
Sources in the Congress said attempts to persuade Rane not to resign were being made for the last two days. “However, it appears he is keeping his political options open outside Sena and Congress to retain his hold in Konkan,” they said.
Rane’s eldest son Nilesh lost his Ratnagiri-Sindhudurg parliamentary seat in the Lok Sabha polls earlier this year to Shiv Sena’s Vinayak Raut.