An elderly couple were burnt alive while two others were injured when a fire broke out in a housing complex in Samata Nagar locality on Sunday.
The fire broke out in a flat on ninth floor of Gulmohar Society in Sunderban Park at Vartak Nagar around 6 am, and soon spread to other floors, an official at the Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC) disaster control room said.
While Shivajirao Chougule (84) and his wife Nirmala Chougule (78) were charred to death, two others Vikramaditya Save (55) and his wife Ranjana Save (55) suffered severe burn injuries, TMC official Santosh Kadam said.
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
A number of fire engines and firemen have reached the spot to rescue people trapped in the fire.
A massive relief and rescue operation is currently underway and the task of putting out the fire is still on, though the cause of the fire is not yet known.