Even as the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) prepared to organise a road blockade agitation to protest against toll collection, the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) demanded on Tuesday that toll collection be completely stopped on two-lane highways and bridges.
In a letter to Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, state NCP president Bhaskar Jadhav said that more and more two-lane highways and bridges are the need of the hour for better connectivity in rural areas.
“Levying toll at such places will burden the rural population and it should be completely stopped,” Jadhav demanded, urging the people not to support Raj Thackeray’s road blockade agitation.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
“Youth should refrain from falling into the MNS trap of violence and damage to public property. If the MNS has issues with toll contractors and owners about the number of VIP vehicles, party leaders should discuss with them and not hold the state to ransom,” he said.