Three weeks after Dr. Satyapal Singh resigned from the post of Mumbai Police Commissioner to join the Bharatiya Janata Party, another top Maharashtra Police officer, Additional Director General (Special Operations) Prem Kishan Jain, tendered his resignation to the state government on Friday, just a week before he was due for superannuation. Jain is also likely to join the BJP, Maharashtra Police sources said.
Jain, a 1981-batch officer who hails from Sangrur in Punjab, is also the secretary of the Maharashtra IPS officers’ association. He resignedon Friday, requesting the state government to relieve him from service immediately.
“I have tendered my resignation to the state government yesterday. The file should have been recommended by the Additional Chief Secretary (Home) by now, though I am not sure of the final status. I am quitting the police force after putting in 33 years of service, and would like to do something in the public domain,” Jain said.
When asked why he was in a rush to resign despite being due for retirement on February 28, Jain said, “I wanted to be relieved of duties with immediate effect. I am due to retire at the end of the month, but the sooner the better.”
While Jain did not wish to elaborate on his future plans as he was still in service, sources said he too is likely to join the BJP. Prior to his current posting, Jain has also served as principal secretary (home) and Managing Director of the Maharashtra State Security Corporation.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review