A scientific assistant at the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Tarapur, has been arrested for allegedly raping a woman on the pretext of marriage. According to the complainant, accused Anirudh Sehgal (37), whom she had met through a matrimonial website, had sexual relations with her at his official residence in Tarapur since January 2014.
Sehgal, who stayed in the BARC Colony, Tarapur, had already been married since 2012, said Assistant Police Inspector Durgesh Shelar of the Tarapur police station, adding that his wife stayed in Kota, Rajasthan, to attend to his aged parents. On the matrimonial site, Sehgal had registered himself as a bachelor, seeing which the woman (35) from Malad responded and he promised to marry her, said a police officer, adding that Sehgal also visited her residence and gained her mother’s confidence.
The woman and her mother too visited the BARC campus to verify Sehgal’s employment status, said the police.
With the woman’s mother giving nod to the match, Sehgal allegedly told the woman to visit him alone at him BARC Colony home. When the woman came to his residence, Sehgal insisted on sexual relations to which she agreed as they had already decided to get married, said the police.
However, the woman came to know that Sehgal was already married, said the police, adding that when she confronted, Sehgal threatened her that he would post their private moments on the internet if she broke up with him.
However, she complained to the police on Saturday and Sehgal was arrested under Section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code. He was produced before the Palghar court on Sunday and was remanded in police custody till June 27.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016