A scientific assistant at the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Tarapur, has been arrested for allegedly raping a woman on the pretext of marriage. According to the complainant, accused Anirudh Sehgal (37), whom she had met through a matrimonial website, had sexual relations with her at his official residence in Tarapur since January 2014.
Sehgal, who stayed in the BARC Colony, Tarapur, had already been married since 2012, said Assistant Police Inspector Durgesh Shelar of the Tarapur police station, adding that his wife stayed in Kota, Rajasthan, to attend to his aged parents. On the matrimonial site, Sehgal had registered himself as a bachelor, seeing which the woman (35) from Malad responded and he promised to marry her, said a police officer, adding that Sehgal also visited her residence and gained her mother’s confidence.
The woman and her mother too visited the BARC campus to verify Sehgal’s employment status, said the police.
With the woman’s mother giving nod to the match, Sehgal allegedly told the woman to visit him alone at him BARC Colony home. When the woman came to his residence, Sehgal insisted on sexual relations to which she agreed as they had already decided to get married, said the police.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
However, the woman came to know that Sehgal was already married, said the police, adding that when she confronted, Sehgal threatened her that he would post their private moments on the internet if she broke up with him.
However, she complained to the police on Saturday and Sehgal was arrested under Section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code. He was produced before the Palghar court on Sunday and was remanded in police custody till June 27.