NCP’s Amravati nominee Navneet Rana has filed a complaint with the police accusing Shiv Sena candidate and sitting MP Anand Adsul of outraging modesty by using derogatory words against her.
The police booked Adsul and 12 others for alleged inappropriate remarks against Rana on an election-related programme aired by Marathi news channel ABP Majha. Offences of caste atrocity were registered against Adsul’s supporters.
A sobbing Rana, while talking to reporters, alleged, “Adsul had said ‘a Dalit’s daughter can’t be beautiful and one has to also have good character along with beauty’.”
Offence of threat to life was also registered against unknown persons after Rana complained of getting threat calls from Mumbai. Adsul has refuted the allegations.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The alleged remarks were made during the shooting of “Vari Loksabhechi”, a programme in which rival candidates and supporters board a bus with the channel’s crew and anchor, and engage in debate. Rana and Adsul supporters reportedly got into acrimonious arguments in the bus, leading to commotion.
An enraged Rana and her supporters reportedly got down and headed for Gadgenagar police station, where her husband and sitting Independent MLA Ravi Rana and workers of his Swabhiman Yuwak Sanghatana joined the NCP leader.
Adsul, later, addressed a press conference refuting allegations and calling it a conspiracy by Rana. He said Rana was known for staging such dramas and that she only spoke in a provocative manner. Amravati is a reserved (SC) constituency.