NCP’s Amravati nominee Navneet Rana has filed a complaint with the police accusing Shiv Sena candidate and sitting MP Anand Adsul of outraging modesty by using derogatory words against her.
The police booked Adsul and 12 others for alleged inappropriate remarks against Rana on an election-related programme aired by Marathi news channel ABP Majha. Offences of caste atrocity were registered against Adsul’s supporters.
A sobbing Rana, while talking to reporters, alleged, “Adsul had said ‘a Dalit’s daughter can’t be beautiful and one has to also have good character along with beauty’.”
Offence of threat to life was also registered against unknown persons after Rana complained of getting threat calls from Mumbai. Adsul has refuted the allegations.
The alleged remarks were made during the shooting of “Vari Loksabhechi”, a programme in which rival candidates and supporters board a bus with the channel’s crew and anchor, and engage in debate. Rana and Adsul supporters reportedly got into acrimonious arguments in the bus, leading to commotion.
An enraged Rana and her supporters reportedly got down and headed for Gadgenagar police station, where her husband and sitting Independent MLA Ravi Rana and workers of his Swabhiman Yuwak Sanghatana joined the NCP leader.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Adsul, later, addressed a press conference refuting allegations and calling it a conspiracy by Rana. He said Rana was known for staging such dramas and that she only spoke in a provocative manner. Amravati is a reserved (SC) constituency.