Over a hundred letters and faxes congratulating senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde on being appointed the Rural Development Minister were still lying unopened when the news of his death came early on June 3. The staff in his office now don’t know what to do with all the unread correspondence.
According to his staff, Munde received over 200 letters and faxes after taking charge, but was able to read less than 50.
Munde had instructed his staff to type out individual responses to each of the letters/faxes he had read. The staff had drafted nearly 20 such responses and was waiting for him to sign them.
“Even before all his congratulatory letters could be opened, letters condoling his death started coming in. Such is the irony,” said a staff member. The condolence messages started coming in from early morning on June 3.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review