Within 24 hours of heavy firing along the LoC in Poonch,Pakistani Rangers on Sunday resorted to provoked firing on BSF posts along the international border in Jammu,injuring a BSF Jawan.
Following reports of violence and arson in Jammu and Rajouri districts on Saturday night,curfew has been clamped in three more districts of Udhampur,Samba and Kathua in Jammu region along with Bhaderwah town in Doda on Sunday,thus affecting seven out of 10 districts of Jammu region.
The Army staged flag marches as tension prevailed following outbreak of communal violence in Kishtwar on Friday that left two persons dead and scores of others injured.
“Army staged a flag march and took control of the winter capital city during midnight. The situation was brought under control,” police officials said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Security in the region has been beefed up and additional forces have been deployed especially in sensitive areas to avoid any untoward incident.
While internet services across the region have been suspended,police have also sealed the Jammu-Lakhanpur National Highway and suspended the Amarnath Yatra.
BJP and other organisations extented their Jammu bandh by 48 hours in demand for sacking of Minister of State for Home Sajjad Kitchloo.
Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitely has been detained at the Jammu airport and officials have also urged BJP Rajya Sabha member from Punjab Avinash Rai Khanna from entering the state via Punjab.
Meanwhile, Jammu and Kashmir unit of Congress has asked the state government to set up an independent commission of inquiry to probe the causes behind the violence in Kishtwar.
“Only by holding people accountable and understanding the reasons for communal tensions can we hope to prevent such incidents in the future,” J&K Pradesh Congress Committee Chief Saif-Uddin-Soz said in statement here.
With inputs from PTI