Within 24 hours of heavy firing along the LoC in Poonch,Pakistani Rangers on Sunday resorted to provoked firing on BSF posts along the international border in Jammu,injuring a BSF Jawan.
Following reports of violence and arson in Jammu and Rajouri districts on Saturday night,curfew has been clamped in three more districts of Udhampur,Samba and Kathua in Jammu region along with Bhaderwah town in Doda on Sunday,thus affecting seven out of 10 districts of Jammu region.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Army staged flag marches as tension prevailed following outbreak of communal violence in Kishtwar on Friday that left two persons dead and scores of others injured.
“Army staged a flag march and took control of the winter capital city during midnight. The situation was brought under control,” police officials said.
Security in the region has been beefed up and additional forces have been deployed especially in sensitive areas to avoid any untoward incident.
While internet services across the region have been suspended,police have also sealed the Jammu-Lakhanpur National Highway and suspended the Amarnath Yatra.
BJP and other organisations extented their Jammu bandh by 48 hours in demand for sacking of Minister of State for Home Sajjad Kitchloo.
Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitely has been detained at the Jammu airport and officials have also urged BJP Rajya Sabha member from Punjab Avinash Rai Khanna from entering the state via Punjab.
Meanwhile, Jammu and Kashmir unit of Congress has asked the state government to set up an independent commission of inquiry to probe the causes behind the violence in Kishtwar.
“Only by holding people accountable and understanding the reasons for communal tensions can we hope to prevent such incidents in the future,” J&K Pradesh Congress Committee Chief Saif-Uddin-Soz said in statement here.
With inputs from PTI