BJP today said the government led by an economist Prime Minister has failed to provide employment to youth with more than 10.8 million young people being jobless in the country. “The latest NSSO data on employment has once again exposed the Congress-led UPA’s failure to provide jobs to all willing youths. The unemployment has risen by 10.2 per cent in the last two years itself. More than 10.8 million youths are without any job as on January,2012,” BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said. He added that this figure does not include under-employment. There has also been a deterioration in quality of jobs in the country,according to National Sample Survey Office (NSSO).
Javadekar charged that the present economic scenario – with slowing growth rate,devaluation of Rupee,fall in exports and rise in inflation,food prices,corruption,current account deficit and fiscal deficit- is a “glaring failure” of economist Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in managing the economy. BJP challenged the Prime Minister to have a debate on the Indian economy on any forum at the earliest.
Javadekar claimed that contrary to UPA’s performance,the erstwhile NDA government had posted a huge growth rate year after year. He said the NDA government faced huge global and domestic crisis like Asian currency crisis,nuclear sanctions,9/11 terror strike,emerging market crisis,severe drought and the Kargil war.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Job creation was at its peak in NDA with 60.1 million jobs generated in its six years in office while UPA has created a meagre 14.6 million jobs in seven years,” Javadekar said. Employment rate during NDA rule was 42 per cent which the UPA has brought down to 38.6 per cent. “Earlier,experts used to say that UPA is creating a jobless growth. But as of today it is neither growth nor jobs,” Javadekar said.