BJP today said the government led by an economist Prime Minister has failed to provide employment to youth with more than 10.8 million young people being jobless in the country. “The latest NSSO data on employment has once again exposed the Congress-led UPA’s failure to provide jobs to all willing youths. The unemployment has risen by 10.2 per cent in the last two years itself. More than 10.8 million youths are without any job as on January,2012,” BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said. He added that this figure does not include under-employment. There has also been a deterioration in quality of jobs in the country,according to National Sample Survey Office (NSSO).
Javadekar charged that the present economic scenario – with slowing growth rate,devaluation of Rupee,fall in exports and rise in inflation,food prices,corruption,current account deficit and fiscal deficit- is a “glaring failure” of economist Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in managing the economy. BJP challenged the Prime Minister to have a debate on the Indian economy on any forum at the earliest.
Javadekar claimed that contrary to UPA’s performance,the erstwhile NDA government had posted a huge growth rate year after year. He said the NDA government faced huge global and domestic crisis like Asian currency crisis,nuclear sanctions,9/11 terror strike,emerging market crisis,severe drought and the Kargil war.
“Job creation was at its peak in NDA with 60.1 million jobs generated in its six years in office while UPA has created a meagre 14.6 million jobs in seven years,” Javadekar said. Employment rate during NDA rule was 42 per cent which the UPA has brought down to 38.6 per cent. “Earlier,experts used to say that UPA is creating a jobless growth. But as of today it is neither growth nor jobs,” Javadekar said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review