Eleven persons were injured in a clash between TMC and Congress workers at Sabong in West Midnapore district as the first phase of panchayat polls began today in West Bengal.
The injured included a TMC gram panchayat candidate. Five of the injured were taken to Midnapore Sadar Hospital,police said. In another incident,senior CPI(M) leader Surya Kanto Mishra was involved in an altercation with local Trinamool Congress supporters outside a polling booth at Khadurdah Gram Panchayat area in West Midnapore district.
Police sources said Mishra had an altercation with a group after coming out of the booth where he went to cast votes but he was not manhandled.He was later escorted to his car,they said.
According to eyewitnesses,after coming out of the booth Mishra complained to reporters that the Left was forced to field outsiders in the local rural body polls as its cadre in the area were facing intimidation and threat from Trinamool.
This infuriated some of the Trinamool men present and they entered into an altercation with Mishra but the situation was soon brought under control and he was escorted to the waiting vehicle,the eyewitnesses said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Trinamool claimed Mishra was making baseless allegations in the polling area while the CPI(M) alleged the opposition leader in Assembly was heckled.
Votes in 67 Zilla Parishads besides pancayat samities and gram panchayats are being held in the district along with Bankura and Purulia in the first phase.