The decision on separate Telangana had its echo in Parliament on the opening day of the Monsoon Session with both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha witnessing repeated disruptions over the issue amid demands for creation of new states including Bodoland.
The two Houses witnessed slogan shouting by members from Andhra Pradesh against the proposal to form Telangana and demanding justice to the people of the Seemandhra region. Some of them were also carrying placards favouring a united Andhra Pradesh while some were holding copies of a news item in which TRS Chief Chandrasekar Rao had reportedly told employees from Seemandhra region to leave Telangana.
At one point,TDP member N Sivaprasad walked up to one of the protestors from Congress with a threatening gesture but was stopped by his party colleagues. Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath tried to pacify the members but could not be heard in the din.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Lok Sabha,as also Rajya Sabha,witnessed three adjournment by 3 PM as agitated members belonging to both Congress and TDP in the Lok Sabha and TDP members in the Rajya Sabha stormed the Well chanting slogans “We want justice”.
At one point in the Rajya Sabha,Deputy Chairman P J Kurien remarked that two members – Y S R Chowdhary and C M Ramesh (both TDP) – were holding the House to ransom. Bodoland People’s Front (BPF) member S K Bwiswmuthiary walked into the Well in Lok Sabha with a banner that read: “Bodoland MPs strongly stand for a separate state of Bodoland”.
Speaker Meira Kumar asked the agitating members to go back to their seats but her request went unheeded. After one starred question was taken up amid din,she adjourned the House till noon. In the Rajya Sabha,Biswajit Daimary (Bodoland People’s Front) entered the Well carrying a placard. While TPD members raised banners against division of Andhra Pradesh,Daimary held banner that read: “If Telangana,Why Not Bodoland?”