As Congress tries to counter the Narendra Modi factor,Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Sunday said party Vice President Rahul Gandhi is neither boastful,nor “aggressive or offensive” like the Gujarat Chief Minister.
“Some people in the country always boast about themselves… I’ve done this… I’ll do this… I have a magic wand to solve all the problems,” Ramesh said in a veiled reference to BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Without naming Modi,the Union Rural Development Minister said the leader belonged to the “main opposition party… do not ask me his name”.
“Rahul ji’s personality is different,cool… he does his work very quietly…he will listen to every one…take his/her advice patiently… he is not aggressive or offensive… He delegates responsibilities to others in a very systematic way,” Ramesh told reporters here.
The minister said the “boastful” leader “thinks no one can do that work in the world…. The world starts from him,ends with him. They have got solutions to every problem”.
In contrast,he said,”Rahul ji has been working for seven years in 40 districts of Uttar Pradesh for women self-help groups and engaged five lakh women workers. He never gave any statement on this matter,because he believes in work,and only work,” he said.
The Congress vice-president “is a firm believer of empowerment and right to opportunity,” Ramesh said,adding “Rahul ji never beats the drums of proclamation”.