Mahatma Gandhi is known for many things but he has to his name the maximum number of quotations by any Indian on the Internet.
The Internet has a large number of sites which offer quotations on a variety of topics ranging from friendship,love,destiny,life,death,peace and politics. But the net has one site which gives quotations from people from all walks of life all over the world.
The site address is http://www.quotationsbook.com and it features 106 quotations from the Mahatma.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
One quotation attributed to him says “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
Another quotation says “It is easy enough to be friendly to one’s friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.”
The Mahatma is also quoted as saying,”Happiness is when what you think,what you say,and what you do are in harmony.”
He has also said “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty,the ocean does not become dirty.”
Apart from Mahatma Gandhi,there are a number of other Indians from whom quotations can be seen on the site. These people include the Nation’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru,former president S Radhakrishnan,Swami Vivekanand and Indira Gandhi.
These people do not match the Mahatma as individually they do not have even 20 quotes to their credit.
One Indian whose name comes as a surprise on this site is that of Oscar award winning music composer,A R Rahman.
He has got only one quote which reads simply,”All my life I have had a choice of hate and love. I chose love and I am here.”
Among world politicians,those who surpass the Mahatma are former British Prime Minister,Winston Churchill with 183 quotes and former US President John F. Kennedy with 146 quotes.
Noted English writer Oscar Wilde have got 432 quotes and he is followed by William Shakespeare with 420 quotes.
Among religious texts the Bible leads with 370 quotes,The Bhagavad Gita has 45 quotes while the Quran nine quotes.
Salman Rushdie,the well-known writer of Indian origin has 34 quotes and writers who have got a large number of quotes include Goethe who has got 313 quotes.