Controversial former RJD MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav,who was released from jail recently in CPI-M Legislator Ajit Sarkar murder case,today said it was on Congress to take a decision on him.
“My wife and former MP Ranjeeta Ranjan is in Congress hence any decision on me has to be taken by that party”,he told reporters.
Asked which party he would prefer to fight the 2014 Lok Sabha election,Yadav,enjoying strong support base in Seemanchal areas comprising of Purnia,Madhepura,Araria and Saharsa,said “people will decide this.”
He indicated that he could fight polls any seat of Madhepura,Araria,Khagaria or Sitamarhi depending on decision of the people.
Yadav,however,said his main objective was to unit people against “opportunists” leader and party who have always “cheated” Seemanchal areas.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Asked about possibility of joining hands either with Lalu Prasad or Nitish Kumar,he said he does not have enmity with anybody. “Whatever will be in the best interest of my supporters I will do,” he added.
Yadav (45) is set to launch “Ashirwad yatra” from June 6 from Purnia.
He was been serving jail term in Tihar in Delhi and Beur in Patna for the past 12 years in different cases. Yadav was convicted by a lower court in Sarkar murder case in 2008. Due to conviction he could not contest last general elections.
Talking about his days in prison,he said he has penned a book on his life full of oppression which would be released in July. He said a film would come on his life before March 2014.