Controversial former RJD MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav,who was released from jail recently in CPI-M Legislator Ajit Sarkar murder case,today said it was on Congress to take a decision on him.
“My wife and former MP Ranjeeta Ranjan is in Congress hence any decision on me has to be taken by that party”,he told reporters.
Asked which party he would prefer to fight the 2014 Lok Sabha election,Yadav,enjoying strong support base in Seemanchal areas comprising of Purnia,Madhepura,Araria and Saharsa,said “people will decide this.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He indicated that he could fight polls any seat of Madhepura,Araria,Khagaria or Sitamarhi depending on decision of the people.
Yadav,however,said his main objective was to unit people against “opportunists” leader and party who have always “cheated” Seemanchal areas.
Asked about possibility of joining hands either with Lalu Prasad or Nitish Kumar,he said he does not have enmity with anybody. “Whatever will be in the best interest of my supporters I will do,” he added.
Yadav (45) is set to launch “Ashirwad yatra” from June 6 from Purnia.
He was been serving jail term in Tihar in Delhi and Beur in Patna for the past 12 years in different cases. Yadav was convicted by a lower court in Sarkar murder case in 2008. Due to conviction he could not contest last general elections.
Talking about his days in prison,he said he has penned a book on his life full of oppression which would be released in July. He said a film would come on his life before March 2014.