Pakistani troops on Thursday resorted to firing and shelling on Indian posts along the LoC in Poonch district,the latest in a series of violations of the 2013 ceasefire in the region.
Pakistani troops opened small arms firing and shelling of mortar bombs on Indian posts along LoC in Dera Basi-Balakote Mendhar forward areas in Poonch from 1400 hours today,police officials said.
The firing was on when the last reports came in as Indian troops guarding the border line took positions and retaliated effectively resulting in exchanges,they said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
There was no loss of life or injury in the firing,according to police.
There have been 127 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir this year,which ishighest in past eight years.