Violating the ceasefire for the ninth time in the past four days,Pakistani troops targeted 16 Indian forward posts and civilian areas along the Line of Control in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir resulting in heavy exchanges.
“Pakistani troops fired on Indian posts along the LoC in Hamirpur-Balakote and Mendhar forward areas in Poonch district last night” Defence Spokesman S N Acharya said today. The troops from across the border fired small arms and automatic weapons besides mortar and RPGs from 2100 hours hours last night,the spokesman said.
Indian troops guarding the borderline fired back resulting in heavy exchanges till 2215 hours,Acharya said,adding there was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing from Pakistan.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The firing continued intermittently today. Pakistan targeted 16 Indian forward posts in Hamirpur,Balakote and Mankote forward areas in Poonch throughout the night. Pakistan fired at six posts each in Balakote and Hamirpur areas and four in Mankote belt.
Eight posts manned by the troops of 605 Mujahid Regiment troops of Pakistan Army,were involved in the firing on Indian posts. This is the ninth ceasefire violation by Pakistan in the past four days,security official said.
Pakistani Rangers had yesterday violated the ceasefire and fired at Narianpur Border Out Post (BoP) in Ramgarh forward area in Samba district. Pakistani troops had fired at Indian posts along LoC in Hamirpur and Balakote forward areas in Mendhar sub-sector of Poonch district at 9.20 PM last night. The firing continued till 6 AM today,Defence Spokesman S N Acharya said. Pakistani Rangers had also fired small arms on Kothay Border Out Post along IB in Samba district at 1930 hours yesterday,a BSF officer said.
On August 12,Pakistani troops had opened heavy fire using mortars,rockets and small arms on 11 Indian forward posts along the LoC in Digwar,Mankote and Durga Battalion areas.
On August 11,a BSF jawan was injured in Pakistani firing at Alfa Machial forward Posts along Indo-Pakistan border in Jammu. Pakistani troops had targeted several Indian Posts by firing 7000 rounds of heavy ammunition and mortar shells in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir on August 10.
On August 5,Head Constable BSF Ram Niwas Meena of 200th Battalion was injured in sniper firing on Narainpur BoP area in Samba district. Meena,who suffered bullet injury in Chest,died in AIIMS in New Delhi on August 11. On August six,a group of 20 heavily armed men led by Pakistani troops had entered 450 metres into the Indian territory in the Poonch sector and ambushed a patrol killing five Indian soldiers.