Stepping up his attack on Congress president Sonia Gandhi,BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi said on Thursday,”Agar Madam beemar hai to bachhe ko kaam do (If Madam is ill,hand over the work to her child).”
Addressing a poll rally in Bemetra,Narendra Modi also targeted Sonia and Rahul Gandhi for questioning the use of central funds by the Chhattisgarh government. “Kya aap apne mama ke ghar se lakar de rahe ho? (Are you getting the funds from your maternal uncle?) It is public money,” said Modi,in an apparent dig at Sonia’s Italian origin.
“Sonia Madam and Shehzada (Rahul) had come here,said so much foodgrain and funds were given. Are you people standing here with a begging bowl…. What kind of language is the Congress speaking,” said Modi.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Asserting that the people have a right to central funds,he said,”I want to ask Shehzada that you keep on saying that we gave so much money. I want to know if he got the money from his mama’s house.”
Citing the 2G and coal controversies,Modi alleged that the Congress has done ‘PhD in corruption’ and has become a burden on the country.
Modi also criticised the Congress for opposing opinion polls,saying the fear of losing elections was the reason behind its ‘nonsensical’ demand and ‘desperate’ tactics.
He said Sonia should do “some homework” before claiming that the state is still poor and suffering from malgovernance under BJP rule.
“All Congress leaders,Prime Minister,Finance Minister” have praised the Chhattisgarh government. Your government has given several awards and felicitated Chhattisgarh so many times. The state has progressed under Raman Singh,” he said.
(With PTI inputs)