Stepping up his attack on Congress president Sonia Gandhi,BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi said on Thursday,”Agar Madam beemar hai to bachhe ko kaam do (If Madam is ill,hand over the work to her child).”
Addressing a poll rally in Bemetra,Narendra Modi also targeted Sonia and Rahul Gandhi for questioning the use of central funds by the Chhattisgarh government. “Kya aap apne mama ke ghar se lakar de rahe ho? (Are you getting the funds from your maternal uncle?) It is public money,” said Modi,in an apparent dig at Sonia’s Italian origin.
“Sonia Madam and Shehzada (Rahul) had come here,said so much foodgrain and funds were given. Are you people standing here with a begging bowl…. What kind of language is the Congress speaking,” said Modi.
Asserting that the people have a right to central funds,he said,”I want to ask Shehzada that you keep on saying that we gave so much money. I want to know if he got the money from his mama’s house.”
Citing the 2G and coal controversies,Modi alleged that the Congress has done ‘PhD in corruption’ and has become a burden on the country.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Modi also criticised the Congress for opposing opinion polls,saying the fear of losing elections was the reason behind its ‘nonsensical’ demand and ‘desperate’ tactics.
He said Sonia should do “some homework” before claiming that the state is still poor and suffering from malgovernance under BJP rule.
“All Congress leaders,Prime Minister,Finance Minister” have praised the Chhattisgarh government. Your government has given several awards and felicitated Chhattisgarh so many times. The state has progressed under Raman Singh,” he said.
(With PTI inputs)