Bharatiya Janata Party would lay the foundation of next NDA government at the centre by performing better in Uttar Pradesh in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls,said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi aide Amit Shah,as he today took over as party’s in-charge in the state.
“I have come to UP for the first time but I want to say that the solid foundation of the next NDA government under the leadership of BJP in 2014 would be laid from UP,” Shah who arrived here to a rousing reception by party workers and leaders said in his brief interaction with the media.
The BJP had managed to win 47 seats in last year’s assembly polls and in the 2009 Lok Sabha election it had won 10 of the 80 seats. On a two-day visit here,Shah will meet party office bearers this afternoon followed by an interaction with senior state leaders including Lalji Tandon,Kalraj Misra,Om Prakash Singh among others,party sources said.
The BJP General Secretary will also take part in a legislature party meeting tomorrow,they said. Shah is a close confidante of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi,who was appointed as chairman of BJP’s national campaign committee on June 9. Previously,Shah was the Minister of State for Home in Gujarat. He has faced allegations of involvement in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case. Shah faces the challenge of dealing with factionalism in the party state unit and prepare it for the 2014 parliamentary elections.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More