Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has begun consultations with senior JD(U) leaders over continuing of ties with BJP after the anointment of Narendra Modi as its poll panel chief with a senior state minister claiming that the ‘days of ties’ between the two NDA partners seem to be numbered.
“Days of JD(U) ties with BJP are numbered,” a senior JD(U) minister,who participated in the consultation,said on condition of anonymity. JD(U) sources said the consultation will continue tonight as well and claimed that a ‘big announcement’ (severing of ties with BJP over Narendra Modi anointment) is expected ‘any time’.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Kumar held talks with party president Sharad Yadav and other senior state JD(U) leaders till late last night weighing the pros and cons of remaining in the alliance. He also held talks with senior ministers in his cabinet like Bijendra Yadav,Vijay Kumar Chaudhary,Narendra Singh,Brishen Patel,Shayam Rajak and Rajya Sabha member and a close confidante R C P Singh.
Some independent MLAs are also being contacted for mustering support to the government in the event of BJP exiting the Nitish Kumar government,the sources claimed. Kumar had said yesterday that JD(U) will discuss all aspects of Modi’s anointment and will spell out its stand soon.
JD(U) has 118 MLAs in 243-member Bihar assembly and needs the support of only four more MLAs to reach the magic figure of 122. The sources said the four-member CLP could also support the government in such a scenario. There are six independent MLAs in the house at present,BJP 91,RJD 22 and LJP and CPI one each.