Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has begun consultations with senior JD(U) leaders over continuing of ties with BJP after the anointment of Narendra Modi as its poll panel chief with a senior state minister claiming that the ‘days of ties’ between the two NDA partners seem to be numbered.
“Days of JD(U) ties with BJP are numbered,” a senior JD(U) minister,who participated in the consultation,said on condition of anonymity. JD(U) sources said the consultation will continue tonight as well and claimed that a ‘big announcement’ (severing of ties with BJP over Narendra Modi anointment) is expected ‘any time’.
Kumar held talks with party president Sharad Yadav and other senior state JD(U) leaders till late last night weighing the pros and cons of remaining in the alliance. He also held talks with senior ministers in his cabinet like Bijendra Yadav,Vijay Kumar Chaudhary,Narendra Singh,Brishen Patel,Shayam Rajak and Rajya Sabha member and a close confidante R C P Singh.
Some independent MLAs are also being contacted for mustering support to the government in the event of BJP exiting the Nitish Kumar government,the sources claimed. Kumar had said yesterday that JD(U) will discuss all aspects of Modi’s anointment and will spell out its stand soon.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
JD(U) has 118 MLAs in 243-member Bihar assembly and needs the support of only four more MLAs to reach the magic figure of 122. The sources said the four-member CLP could also support the government in such a scenario. There are six independent MLAs in the house at present,BJP 91,RJD 22 and LJP and CPI one each.