Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati on Friday flayed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for felicitating its MLAs Sangeet Som and Suresh Rana,accused of instigating the Muzaffarnagar riots,in a rally in Agra and said the Samajwadi Party-led government should not have given permission for the event as it could create tension in Uttar Pradesh.
“Despite objection by all the Opposition parties,senior leaders of BJP during yesterday’s Agra rally felicitated the accused of Muzaffarnagar and Shamli riots and BSP strongly condemns it,” Mayawati told newspersons.
“This step of BJP can create tension in Uttar Pradesh…and if such a situation emerges BSP would hold SP equally responsible as it should not have given permission for holding such a rally…people should remain vigilant against the deeds of SP and BJP,” she said.
When asked about the presence of controversial Muslim cleric Tauqeer Raza Khan during Samajwadi Party’s Bareilly rally on Thursday,Mayawati said she had always maintained that “there is no difference between SP and BJP”.
Charging the SP government with issuing a discriminatory notification for rehabilitation of Muzaffarnagar riot victims,which was on Thursday stayed by the Supreme Court,she alleged that it wants to instigate Hindu-Muslim riots and it is a joint “game plan” of BJP and SP.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Attacking the Akhilesh government,she said,”When they have nothing to say on previous BSP government,its chief starts flaying memorials and museums set up by us,only to divert people’s attention from the bad shape of law and order.”
Mayawati reiterated her demand for imposition of President’s rule in the state,saying the Governor should take stock of the situation keeping in mind the recent developments and communal tension.