Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati on Friday flayed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for felicitating its MLAs Sangeet Som and Suresh Rana,accused of instigating the Muzaffarnagar riots,in a rally in Agra and said the Samajwadi Party-led government should not have given permission for the event as it could create tension in Uttar Pradesh.
“Despite objection by all the Opposition parties,senior leaders of BJP during yesterday’s Agra rally felicitated the accused of Muzaffarnagar and Shamli riots and BSP strongly condemns it,” Mayawati told newspersons.
“This step of BJP can create tension in Uttar Pradesh…and if such a situation emerges BSP would hold SP equally responsible as it should not have given permission for holding such a rally…people should remain vigilant against the deeds of SP and BJP,” she said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
When asked about the presence of controversial Muslim cleric Tauqeer Raza Khan during Samajwadi Party’s Bareilly rally on Thursday,Mayawati said she had always maintained that “there is no difference between SP and BJP”.
Charging the SP government with issuing a discriminatory notification for rehabilitation of Muzaffarnagar riot victims,which was on Thursday stayed by the Supreme Court,she alleged that it wants to instigate Hindu-Muslim riots and it is a joint “game plan” of BJP and SP.
Attacking the Akhilesh government,she said,”When they have nothing to say on previous BSP government,its chief starts flaying memorials and museums set up by us,only to divert people’s attention from the bad shape of law and order.”
Mayawati reiterated her demand for imposition of President’s rule in the state,saying the Governor should take stock of the situation keeping in mind the recent developments and communal tension.