Maharashtra Government has sought views of principals and teachers on a proposal seeking ban on using camera mobile phones in colleges and university campuses across the state to prevent “cyber crimes”.
The joint director of higher education had sought views of college heads and teachers on this proposal in a letter sent in May. The proposal also involves mandatory installation of jammers and decoders in campuses of educational institutions,Mumbai University sources said.
The joint director sent the letter following a presentation by NCP activist Ashok Lad from Aurangabad,to Minister for Higher and Technical Education Rajesh Tope,sources said.
At present,the proposal is only in the initial stage and no final decision has been taken,the sources said,adding that the proposal mooted by the department needs to be approved by academicians and heads of institutions.
Lad had written to Tope,expressing concern over “cyber crimes” committed through phone cameras,sources said. Following the joint director’s letter,Mumbai University (MU) issued a circular to affiliated colleges on June 25 seeking their opinion,they said,adding that the University will submit its report based on their response.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The MU has received the letter from the department and issued a circular to all affiliated colleges seeking opinion on installing mobile phone jammers but has not set a deadline to gather the data. Lad claimed that some students take pictures and participate in “vulgar activities” using cellphones in classrooms and on campus.