Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today expressed surprise over the projection of L K Advani,who quit all BJP posts yesterday,as a symbol of secularism in NDA by some quarters.
“L K Advani as the NDA’s mascot of secularism. Who would have imagined!!!!!!” Omar,whose National Conference was a constituent of the alliance from 1999-2003,wrote on micro-blogging site twitter.com. Although Omar did not specify as to who he was referring to,the comment seems to be in response to JD-U’s stand on reconsidering its ties with the NDA in the wake of elevation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as BJP’s poll panel chief for next year’s Lok Sabha elections.
Janata Dal (United) president Sharad Yadav had termed Advani’s resignation as a “serious issue” and “not good for NDA health.” “I am deeply saddened by the resignation of Advaniji. Because the NDA was forged with the efforts of Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Advaniji. He (Advani) is also the working president and Atalji is not keeping well,” Yadav had said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
JDU national spokesperson Shivanand Tiwari had said yesterday that “It is a matter of great concern that Advani,who had built BJP brick by brick is being treated shabbily by his own party leaders who ran roughshod over him and went ahead with their decision to anoint Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the BJP poll campaign panel chief.”
Omar had yesterday said that the resignation of BJP patriarch,whose opinion was ignored in the party,should not be a crisis for it. “If his opinion didn’t matter to you yesterday,why is his resignation a crisis for you today?” he had asked.