Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today expressed surprise over the projection of L K Advani,who quit all BJP posts yesterday,as a symbol of secularism in NDA by some quarters.
“L K Advani as the NDA’s mascot of secularism. Who would have imagined!!!!!!” Omar,whose National Conference was a constituent of the alliance from 1999-2003,wrote on micro-blogging site twitter.com. Although Omar did not specify as to who he was referring to,the comment seems to be in response to JD-U’s stand on reconsidering its ties with the NDA in the wake of elevation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as BJP’s poll panel chief for next year’s Lok Sabha elections.
Janata Dal (United) president Sharad Yadav had termed Advani’s resignation as a “serious issue” and “not good for NDA health.” “I am deeply saddened by the resignation of Advaniji. Because the NDA was forged with the efforts of Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Advaniji. He (Advani) is also the working president and Atalji is not keeping well,” Yadav had said.
JDU national spokesperson Shivanand Tiwari had said yesterday that “It is a matter of great concern that Advani,who had built BJP brick by brick is being treated shabbily by his own party leaders who ran roughshod over him and went ahead with their decision to anoint Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the BJP poll campaign panel chief.”
Omar had yesterday said that the resignation of BJP patriarch,whose opinion was ignored in the party,should not be a crisis for it. “If his opinion didn’t matter to you yesterday,why is his resignation a crisis for you today?” he had asked.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More