The Kedarnath Temple in Uttarakhand was “partially destroyed” and suffered serious damages in the recent floods but government would make all efforts to restore it to its “original glory”,Minister of Culture Chandresh Kumari Katoch today said. A team of ASI officials and experts was sent to Uttarakhand to visit the temple and assess the damage. However,the chopper carrying the team could not land due to bad weather,she told reporters here.
After the natural calamity in Uttarakhand,the Kedarnath Temple was partially destroyed. We had sent a team to assess the damage and how we could restore it… Unfortunately,due to bad weather they could not reach the site,” Katoch said. The minister maintained that the team will be sent as soon as the weather clears. Rescue and rehabilitation as well as construction of roads are the priority at the moment,she said. “The team will have to assess the damages and what would be the expenditure to restore it. We want to start work as soon as we get the clearance from the state government,” she said.
She maintained that the temple has suffered a “lot of damage”. Katoch said provision have been made for funds for ASI to begin the work. Uttarakhand government will also contribute and the ministry will encourage public participation in the process. The minister,however,ruled out any role for any other state government in restoration work.
Asked about Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s offer to rebuild the temple,she said,”We will have to preserve the monument. If we give the restoration work to others they will do it in their own way. ASI has the best experts. They will do the restoration work keeping the originality in mind.” She said ASI is involved in restoration of heritage buildings in other countries and this work should be left for them to handle.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest