Four villagers today set afire a 19-year-old girl after she defied a panchayat order to sever ties with a youth with whom she was in love,police said.
The incident took place at Karhakol village in Ekauna area.
The girl,who was in love with one Ranjit,was asked by the village panchayat and the youth’s family members to sever ties with him but she ignored their order and remained in touch with the boy.
Irked over her defiance,four villagers today barged into her house,sprinkled kerosene on her and set her on fire,SP Umesh Kumar Srivastav said.
The girl in a bid to save her rushed to the terrace and fell from there,he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
She was rushed to a nearby hospital with 80 per cent burn injuries and her condition was stated to be serious.
Police have filed an FIR against four in this connection and also arrested two of them.