Four villagers today set afire a 19-year-old girl after she defied a panchayat order to sever ties with a youth with whom she was in love,police said.
The incident took place at Karhakol village in Ekauna area.
The girl,who was in love with one Ranjit,was asked by the village panchayat and the youth’s family members to sever ties with him but she ignored their order and remained in touch with the boy.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Irked over her defiance,four villagers today barged into her house,sprinkled kerosene on her and set her on fire,SP Umesh Kumar Srivastav said.
The girl in a bid to save her rushed to the terrace and fell from there,he said.
She was rushed to a nearby hospital with 80 per cent burn injuries and her condition was stated to be serious.
Police have filed an FIR against four in this connection and also arrested two of them.