Terming the food security ordinance of the Congress-led UPA government as an “election gimmick”,BSP chief Mayawati today said such populist laws would not benefit the people.
“Populist laws like the food security will not benefit anyone. It is an election gimmick of the UPA government and people should remain alert,” Mayawati said while addressing Brahmin Bhaichara Sammelan at Ramabai Ambedkar ground here.
Alleging both Congress and BJP were misleading people,especially upper castes,she said,”if BSP forms government at the Centre,economically backwards among upper castes will be given reservation while maintaining quota of Dalits and backwards.”
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Muslims would be given reservation on the similar basis,she said,adding the recommendations of the Sachar committee would also be implemented if BSP comes to power at the Centre.
The former Chief Minister accused Congress and BJP of having an understanding on the issue of reservation for SC/ST in promotion,saying the bill in this regard had got stuck in the Lok Sabha due to connivance between both the parties.
Attacking the Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh,Mayawati said development works had come to a standstill in the state.
The BSP supremo alleged corruption was rampant in the state,power supply was inadequate and sarvsamaj,including Dalits,the poor,labourers,farmers and employees,was disillusioned on several issues.
“Law and order situation is bad and goons and mafias are ruling the roost,” she said.
Mayawati said incidents of dacoity,extortion,abduction,murder and communal tension were on the rise and government machinery had become “helpless”.
“This has been confirmed several times by Mulayam Singh Yadav,father of Akhilesh Yadav,” she said.
Without naming anyone,she said a senior cabinet minister had said that daughters of the state should progress,but they should not become like Mayawati.
“This is indicative of fear among goons and mafias towards me. If there are two-four daughters like me,then goons and mafias will have to flee from the state,” the BSP leader said.