Terming the food security ordinance of the Congress-led UPA government as an “election gimmick”,BSP chief Mayawati today said such populist laws would not benefit the people.
“Populist laws like the food security will not benefit anyone. It is an election gimmick of the UPA government and people should remain alert,” Mayawati said while addressing Brahmin Bhaichara Sammelan at Ramabai Ambedkar ground here.
Alleging both Congress and BJP were misleading people,especially upper castes,she said,”if BSP forms government at the Centre,economically backwards among upper castes will be given reservation while maintaining quota of Dalits and backwards.”
Muslims would be given reservation on the similar basis,she said,adding the recommendations of the Sachar committee would also be implemented if BSP comes to power at the Centre.
The former Chief Minister accused Congress and BJP of having an understanding on the issue of reservation for SC/ST in promotion,saying the bill in this regard had got stuck in the Lok Sabha due to connivance between both the parties.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Attacking the Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh,Mayawati said development works had come to a standstill in the state.
The BSP supremo alleged corruption was rampant in the state,power supply was inadequate and sarvsamaj,including Dalits,the poor,labourers,farmers and employees,was disillusioned on several issues.
“Law and order situation is bad and goons and mafias are ruling the roost,” she said.
Mayawati said incidents of dacoity,extortion,abduction,murder and communal tension were on the rise and government machinery had become “helpless”.
“This has been confirmed several times by Mulayam Singh Yadav,father of Akhilesh Yadav,” she said.
Without naming anyone,she said a senior cabinet minister had said that daughters of the state should progress,but they should not become like Mayawati.
“This is indicative of fear among goons and mafias towards me. If there are two-four daughters like me,then goons and mafias will have to flee from the state,” the BSP leader said.