Handed over the charge of BJP’s campaign in the next Lok Sabha polls,Narendra Modi today virtually sounded the election bugle as he targeted the UPA government over various fronts and asked party cadres to work for “Congress-free Bharat Nirman”.
In his first comments on the new role which in effect makes him the party’s face in the elections,Modi said BJP will work out a strategy to oust Congress from power and resume the work left by former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
He attacked the UPA government,saying it has taken the country for granted and was “shameless” despite several corruption allegations,policy paralysis and failures on various fronts like internal security,economic situation and foreign policy.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
“Let us work to make space in the hearts of people,” said Modi in his address to BJP workers here shortly after being name as the Campaign Committee Chairman.
He asked the cadres to dream for “Congress-free Bharat Nirman” and work in this direction by ousting the UPA government in the next elections.
Describing the UPA as a “sinking ship”,the Gujarat Chief Minister said BJP’s agenda is not the change of government but development of the nation and giving it its “due prestige”.
He said the people of the country have lost trust in the UPA government and cited safety of women and problems faced by farmers to buttress his point.
On internal security,Modi said the UPA government was talking about dealing with naxalism with firm hand but some people said to be sympathisers of the Left wing ideology had been appointed to Planning Commission and Sonia Gandhi-led National Advisory Council.
He also took at dig at NAC,saying it had been set up above Planning Commission which is headed by the Prime Minister. “If you had to set up NAC,then why need the Prime Minister?”
Modi also accused the UPA government of not being serious about the future of youth and warned that if their energy is not properly channelised,there could be unrest.
Sushma Swaraj was supposed to speak but conspicuous by her absence.