Handed over the charge of BJP’s campaign in the next Lok Sabha polls,Narendra Modi today virtually sounded the election bugle as he targeted the UPA government over various fronts and asked party cadres to work for “Congress-free Bharat Nirman”.
In his first comments on the new role which in effect makes him the party’s face in the elections,Modi said BJP will work out a strategy to oust Congress from power and resume the work left by former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
He attacked the UPA government,saying it has taken the country for granted and was “shameless” despite several corruption allegations,policy paralysis and failures on various fronts like internal security,economic situation and foreign policy.
“Let us work to make space in the hearts of people,” said Modi in his address to BJP workers here shortly after being name as the Campaign Committee Chairman.
He asked the cadres to dream for “Congress-free Bharat Nirman” and work in this direction by ousting the UPA government in the next elections.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Describing the UPA as a “sinking ship”,the Gujarat Chief Minister said BJP’s agenda is not the change of government but development of the nation and giving it its “due prestige”.
He said the people of the country have lost trust in the UPA government and cited safety of women and problems faced by farmers to buttress his point.
On internal security,Modi said the UPA government was talking about dealing with naxalism with firm hand but some people said to be sympathisers of the Left wing ideology had been appointed to Planning Commission and Sonia Gandhi-led National Advisory Council.
He also took at dig at NAC,saying it had been set up above Planning Commission which is headed by the Prime Minister. “If you had to set up NAC,then why need the Prime Minister?”
Modi also accused the UPA government of not being serious about the future of youth and warned that if their energy is not properly channelised,there could be unrest.
Sushma Swaraj was supposed to speak but conspicuous by her absence.