Following is the chain of events leading to rejection of Khalistan Liberation Force (KLF) terrorist Devinderpal Singh Bhullar’s plea for commutation of his death sentence to life imprisonment by the Supreme Court today:
September,1993: Bhullar triggers a bomb blast in Delhi which killed nine people and injured 25 others,including then Youth Congress president M S Bitta.
December,1994: Bhullar seeks political asylum in Germany.
January,1995: Germany rejects Bhullar’s asylum plea and deports him to India.
2000: Bhullar’s case is sent to trial.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
August,2001: Trial court convicts and sentences Bhullar to death.
March 26,2002: Supreme Court dismisses Bhullar’s plea against his conviction and sentence.
December 17,2002: Apex court dismisses Bhullar’s review petition.
January 14,2003: Bhullar files mercy petition to the President.
March 12,2003: SC dismisses Bhullar’s curative petition.
May 25,2011: President Pratibha Patil rejects Bhullar’s mercy plea. He,thereafter,moves SC seeking commutation of his death sentence to life term on the ground of delay in rejection of his mercy plea.
April 19,2012: SC reserves its verdict on Bhullar’s plea.
April 12,2013: SC dismisses Bhullar’s plea for commutation of his death sentence to life imprisonment.