Following is the chain of events leading to rejection of Khalistan Liberation Force (KLF) terrorist Devinderpal Singh Bhullar’s plea for commutation of his death sentence to life imprisonment by the Supreme Court today:
September,1993: Bhullar triggers a bomb blast in Delhi which killed nine people and injured 25 others,including then Youth Congress president M S Bitta.
December,1994: Bhullar seeks political asylum in Germany.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
January,1995: Germany rejects Bhullar’s asylum plea and deports him to India.
2000: Bhullar’s case is sent to trial.
August,2001: Trial court convicts and sentences Bhullar to death.
March 26,2002: Supreme Court dismisses Bhullar’s plea against his conviction and sentence.
December 17,2002: Apex court dismisses Bhullar’s review petition.
January 14,2003: Bhullar files mercy petition to the President.
March 12,2003: SC dismisses Bhullar’s curative petition.
May 25,2011: President Pratibha Patil rejects Bhullar’s mercy plea. He,thereafter,moves SC seeking commutation of his death sentence to life term on the ground of delay in rejection of his mercy plea.
April 19,2012: SC reserves its verdict on Bhullar’s plea.
April 12,2013: SC dismisses Bhullar’s plea for commutation of his death sentence to life imprisonment.