Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati has ruled out any pre-poll alliance for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. The Dalit leader has said that the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) will contest the General Elections alone.
Referring to her decision,the BSP supremo said that people did not prefer either Congress of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
“Regarding the Lok Sabha elections I will like to clarify that my party will not contest in an alliance with any other party in the country. Our party will contest on its own with full preparations,” Mayawati told reporters.
“With this the reports that our party can have outside or internal alliance with Congress or BJP are all rumours. These are being spread as a part of planned conspiracy to mislead our people and damage the BSP,” she alleged.
Currently,Mayawati’s BSP is supporting the UPA government at the Centre from outside.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
This comes almost a month after the BSP chief and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi indulged in a war of words over welfare of Dalits. While Rahul has accused Mayawati of capturing the Dalit movement and not allowing others to rise,the former UP CM had hit back saying the Congress was biased against Dalits.