BJP today hit out at Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah for his remarks on developments within the party saying that unlike others,theirs was not a “father-son” or “mother-son” party.
“Omar is unable to appreciate that BJP is a party of healthy inner-party democracy because unlike some other parties,BJP is not a ‘father-son’ or ‘mother-son’ party,” BJP national executive member and chief spokesperson in J-K,Dr Jitendra Singh,said here in reaction to Abdullah’s tweets.
The J-K CM had yesterday said that it should not matter to BJP that its patriarch LK Advani had quit since his opinion had been ignored by the party.
“If his opinion didn’t matter to you yesterday,why is his resignation a crisis for you today?” Omar had said in a tweet on micro-blogging site twitter.com.
The remarks followed Advani’s announcement that he was stepping down from key party fora.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Meanwhile,Omar today expressed surprise over Advani’s projection in certain sections as a symbol of secularism in the NDA coalition.
“LK Advani as the NDA’s mascot of secularism. Who would have imagined!!!!!!” Omar,whose National Conference was a constituent of the alliance from 1999-2003,said in another tweet.
Reacting to the fresh comments,Singh said that although the J-K CM had received his training in politics under former prime minister Atal Behari Vajpayee,he still needed to learn a lot from the legacy of Vajpayee and Advani enshrined in the BJP.