Making its debut with the upcoming Delhi Assembly elections,Aam Aadmi Party,a brainchild of activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal,may have a tough political path ahead,but funds do not seem to be a hurdle for it.
According to the donation list published by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on its website,the party is adding lakhs of rupees in its treasure without fail each day. Between September 22 and 11 am on September 24,an amount of over Rs 15 lakh were donated in AAP’s treasure.
While the party collected over Rs 6 lakh on Sunday,September 22,it added another Rs 8 lakh on Monday,September 23. Also,till 11 am on Tuesday,September 24,AAP collected more than Rs 1 lakh as donations.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The donations,in these three days,were made by over 450 people. Of which,the maximum donation was of Rs 2 lakh by an NRI. However,there are some donors who have even made donations of as little as Rs 5,Rs 10,Rs 50 and Rs 100.
Kejriwal’s political party has kept the procedure for making donations very simple. And as soon as one makes a donation,the person is given an option to choose from some certificate templates,which can be posted on Facebook walls,in a possible bid to make things interesting for young donors.
Also,almost immediately after a donation is made no matter how big or small it is the name of the donor is added with the amount given. It seems to be automated as the name gets reflected just minutes after a donation is made.
With this,the AAP claims to be in a process of collecting ‘clean money’ to contest the upcoming elections. And from what the list suggests,donations seem to be pouring in continuously,which may help the party make a strong stand for itself in the elections,at least with regard to the finances.