Making its debut with the upcoming Delhi Assembly elections,Aam Aadmi Party,a brainchild of activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal,may have a tough political path ahead,but funds do not seem to be a hurdle for it.
According to the donation list published by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on its website,the party is adding lakhs of rupees in its treasure without fail each day. Between September 22 and 11 am on September 24,an amount of over Rs 15 lakh were donated in AAP’s treasure.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
While the party collected over Rs 6 lakh on Sunday,September 22,it added another Rs 8 lakh on Monday,September 23. Also,till 11 am on Tuesday,September 24,AAP collected more than Rs 1 lakh as donations.
The donations,in these three days,were made by over 450 people. Of which,the maximum donation was of Rs 2 lakh by an NRI. However,there are some donors who have even made donations of as little as Rs 5,Rs 10,Rs 50 and Rs 100.
Kejriwal’s political party has kept the procedure for making donations very simple. And as soon as one makes a donation,the person is given an option to choose from some certificate templates,which can be posted on Facebook walls,in a possible bid to make things interesting for young donors.
Also,almost immediately after a donation is made no matter how big or small it is the name of the donor is added with the amount given. It seems to be automated as the name gets reflected just minutes after a donation is made.
With this,the AAP claims to be in a process of collecting ‘clean money’ to contest the upcoming elections. And from what the list suggests,donations seem to be pouring in continuously,which may help the party make a strong stand for itself in the elections,at least with regard to the finances.