After strong protests from BJP,the Patna district administration gave permission to the party to hold a rally to be addressed by Narendra Modi in October in the entire Gandhi maidan.
“There was some confusion which has now been resolved and permission has been granted for holding BJP rally in the entire Gandhi maidan on October 27,” District Magistrate N Shrawan Kumar said.
A controversy had erupted when the Patna district administration yesterday conveyed its decision to provide permission to BJP to hold rally only in half portion of the historic Gandhi Maidan in view of proposed Education Day celebration and book fair from October 20 to 30.
As soon as the letter to this effect bearing signature of an Additional District Magistrate reached BJP office,the party got infuriated saying it was done following instruction from “above” out of political rivalry.
Later,the DM intervened and granted permission to BJP to hold the rally in the entire Gandhi maidan. The rally will be party’s campaign committee chief Narendra Modi’s first political engagement in Nitish Kumar’s home turf. Former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi had slammed the ruling party saying they have resorted to “unethical politics” by denying permission to opposition to hold a rally.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He said that the party had applied for permission for the venue in April when BJP and JD(U) were allies. Blaming Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for witch hunting of BJP after split in NDA,Sushil Modi said earlier the party was denied permission to hold public meeting at Miller School to be addressed by party chief Rajnath Singh in June.
The rally venue was later shifted to a stadium in Gardanibagh. He said BJP Legislators and workers were harassed by the state government by registering false cases against them and humiliating former ministers by asking them to vacate bungalows without making alternative arrangements for them.