The city police on Wednesday told a Delhi court that six of the seven Indian Mujahideen (IM) operatives arrested recently have confessed about their involvement in the September 2010 blast near Jama Masjid.
The police made this submission to Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav while seeking extension of their custody for further interrogation to gather evidence of their involvement in the blast.
The blast had taken place minutes after a shootout by two motorcycle-borne men in which two Taiwanese tourists were injured.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Yadav extended the custody of Mohammed Qatil Siddiqui,Gohar Aziz Khumani,Mohammed Adil,Mohammed Irshad,Gayur Ahmed Jamali and Aftab Alam till January 5.
The custody of 19-year-old Abdur Rehman,another alleged IM module arrested from Chennai,has been extended till December 27.
The Special Cell of Delhi Police reiterated that efforts have been intensified to nab 28-year-old Yasin Bhatkal alias Imran,the alleged kingpin of the module.
Meanwhile,the court kept pending the Bangalore and Pune Anti-Terrorist Squad pleas for custody of Siddqui,Jamali and Alam.
All seven accused are suspected of being involved in various terror cases,including Pune German Bakery blast,Bangalore’s Chinnaswami Stadium blast,the Jama Masjid shooting and September 7 blast at the Delhi High Court.
They were arrested recently by Delhi Police sleuths from various places in Delhi,Bihar,Chennai and elsewhere in the country.