At least 21 people,including a newly-wed bride,were killed and 23 others injured when a roadways bus they were travelling in fell into the Hazara ncanal in the district,police said today. The incident occurred late last night when the driver of the bus going to Delhi from Farukhabad lost control over the vehicle and it fell into the canal in Pilua area,they said.
While bodies of 21 people were fished out from the canal,23 others were saved by the locals and a police team. Among those killed included 11 of a family,including a nnewly-wed bride,going to Ghaziabad from Aliganj after the marriage ceremony.
The injured have been admitted to a hospital,where their condition was stated to be stable,police said. According to the passengers,the driver of the bus was in an inebriated condition.
Some passengers are said to be missing and police was trying to trace them. Their exact number is yet to be ascertained,Etah District Magistrate Lokesh M said,adding relief and rescue operation were on. Those killed included 10 men,four women and seven children,SSP Radheymohan Bhardwaj said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016