At least 21 people,including a newly-wed bride,were killed and 23 others injured when a roadways bus they were travelling in fell into the Hazara ncanal in the district,police said today. The incident occurred late last night when the driver of the bus going to Delhi from Farukhabad lost control over the vehicle and it fell into the canal in Pilua area,they said.
While bodies of 21 people were fished out from the canal,23 others were saved by the locals and a police team. Among those killed included 11 of a family,including a nnewly-wed bride,going to Ghaziabad from Aliganj after the marriage ceremony.
The injured have been admitted to a hospital,where their condition was stated to be stable,police said. According to the passengers,the driver of the bus was in an inebriated condition.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Some passengers are said to be missing and police was trying to trace them. Their exact number is yet to be ascertained,Etah District Magistrate Lokesh M said,adding relief and rescue operation were on. Those killed included 10 men,four women and seven children,SSP Radheymohan Bhardwaj said.