The last rites of Sunanda Pushkar, wife of Union Minister Shashi Tharoor, are likely to be conducted at the Lodhi Road crematorium later this evening.
The body of 52-year-old Pushkar, a woman entrepreneur who married Tharoor in August 2010, was found in the Leela Palace Hotel in South Delhi last evening.
Sources said some of Pushkar’s family members, including her brother and son Shiv Menon, visited AIIMS where post-mortem on her body is being conducted by a three-member panel of senior doctors.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
Besides police investigation, an inquiry by a sub divisional magistrate has been initiated into Pushkar’s death.
Any death within seven years of marriage is legally required to be investigated by the sub-divisional magistrate.
Pushkar and Tharoor were at the centre of a raging controversy earlier this week when reports emerged that she was upset over text and tweet messages exchanged between her husband and Mehr Tarar, a Pakistani journalist.