Jammu and Kashmir’s Minister of State for health Shabir Ahmad Khan resigned Friday, a day after a doctor alleged he made sexual advances towards her. Khan has been asked to appear before the police in Srinagar, where a case was registered on Thursday evening.
Congress state vice-president Ghulam Nabi Monga said the party asked the minister to resign. “The party wants an inquiry to be conducted against him without any delay,’’ he said, adding Khan had sent his resignation to the CM. Omar Abdullah tweeted, “I have received the resignation of the Minister of State for Health Shabir Khan and am forwarding the same to the Governor (N N Vohra) for acceptance.” Vohra accepted his resignation.
Khan’s arrest now appears imminent as the HC in Jammu declined his bail application. His counsel had Friday morning moved the HC division bench, seeking permission to file a bail application at the Jammu wing of the court, but his request was rejected as the police had registered a case against him in the Valley. The offence is non-bailable.
Sources said there was a possibility that Khan would now surrender before the Srinagar police or move another bail application in a Srinagar court Saturday. Khan left Rajouri early Friday. He was unavailable for comment.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More