Jammu and Kashmir’s Minister of State for health Shabir Ahmad Khan resigned Friday, a day after a doctor alleged he made sexual advances towards her. Khan has been asked to appear before the police in Srinagar, where a case was registered on Thursday evening.
Congress state vice-president Ghulam Nabi Monga said the party asked the minister to resign. “The party wants an inquiry to be conducted against him without any delay,’’ he said, adding Khan had sent his resignation to the CM. Omar Abdullah tweeted, “I have received the resignation of the Minister of State for Health Shabir Khan and am forwarding the same to the Governor (N N Vohra) for acceptance.” Vohra accepted his resignation.
Khan’s arrest now appears imminent as the HC in Jammu declined his bail application. His counsel had Friday morning moved the HC division bench, seeking permission to file a bail application at the Jammu wing of the court, but his request was rejected as the police had registered a case against him in the Valley. The offence is non-bailable.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Sources said there was a possibility that Khan would now surrender before the Srinagar police or move another bail application in a Srinagar court Saturday. Khan left Rajouri early Friday. He was unavailable for comment.